September 5 - September 12
Brooklyn Wildlife presents the third annual Brooklyn Wildlife Summer Festival 2015 (BWSF2015) featuring 150 + performers spanning 8 days and 8 events. BWSF2015 represents a true appreciation and celebration of Indie culture. It is an authentic, creative approach to community sustainability without any corporate sponsorships or industry funding – only art and music in their purest form.
The dates are as follows:
- Saturday Sept 5th - The Paperbox (3pm - 3am, over 50 performers, all genres)
- Sunday - Sept 8 - The Basement Bar
- Monday - Sept 7th - Cameo Gallery
- Tuesday Sept 8th - Bizarre Bar
- Wednesday Sept 9th - Max Cellar
- Thursday Sept 10th - Alphaville
- Friday Sept 11 - Kings County
- Saturday Sept 12 - Montana's Trail House
Brooklyn Wildlife Summer Festival is an annual diverse and synergistic, indoor and outdoor festival featuring some of the best Independent talent from New York and beyond. The goal of the event is to galvanize the Indie arts and music community and represent its flourishing cultural and growth within Brooklyn, with a special focus on Bushwick. BWSF2015 caters to a new youth culture that is multi-faceted, variegated, ethnically ambiguous and racially interwoven. Black, white, red, brown, gay, straight, trans - whatever color or gender… everyone parties together.
The festival is created by artists and is 100% Independent. There is no corporate sponsorship or outside funding. BWSF is unique in that it is the only festival to offer such a large and varied selection of Independent artists and musicians, active within the community, gathered in one space.
BWSF focuses on performers in the Brooklyn arts and entertainment scene and due to the large presence of international artists in Brooklyn, the festival includes performers and participants from all around the world. There will be representation from UK, Germany, Denmark, Australia, Caribbean, Jamaica, Russia and more.
BWSF2015 SEEKS TO REACH:
Multicultural and Multiethnic people, ages 18-80
The festival attracts individuals who:
- Are seekers, social explorers, tastemakers and enjoy being ahead of the curve.
- Believe old-fashioned business models are outdated and traditional vehicles for communication (TV and Radio) are no longer in tune with the consumer of today.
- Have turned their backs on the status quo and crave progressive thought, art and culture.
- Are artists, musicians, Brooklyn and New York dwellers and everyone who is part of or who appreciates the Indie scene.